Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I'd Quite Like One Of These ...

OK, I know it's obviously not Dutch, but I've seen it parked outside my apartment almost every day since I arrived here, and I vaguely remember seeing it last year too. Besides, it's inherently eccentric too, so it is sort of Dutch!
It's a BMW C1 motorcycle.

Unfortunately for BMW and anyone else interested in a motorcycle that not only protects you from the elements, but also forces you to wear seat belts and protects you against SUV's driven by Venti, Half-Caf, Extra Hot, No Foam, Non-Fat, Crapochino crazed soccer moms talking on cellphones while fixing their make up, the C1 was discontinued in 2002 before high gas prices were thought of.

An idea ahead of its time.

For those of you that are interested Click Here to learn more about this remarkably sensible solution to urban traffic congestion and high gas prices.

No comments: